Tuesday 24 July 2012

Introduction

Welcome all! I decided to change this as this account went through some changes. Because of RL commitments, AS has left the partnership. She is involved with her community theater (I am totally jealous!). Anyhow, I wish her the best of luck in her future endeavors, and I thank her for her contributions to Cruel Summer. She helped me push myself to do things I never thought imaginable in my writing.

Since Cruel Summer is now complete, I should really update the Bio. :)

I am a 36 year old Gleek/Potterhead/Starkid who loves fandoms. There is nothing like connecting with the rest of the world to fangirl over our favorite things. It keeps me young. :) Anyhow my journey into authorhood started a couple decades ago, when I was a teen. I used to write everything. Poems, plays, novels, etc. Then I simply stopped. And a funny thing happened: life. Next thing I know, almost 20 years have gone by and I'm like, WTH??

So I'm a Gleek first and foremost. I was one of the choir/musical geeks in high school, so I could really identify with the show. I'm one of the original Gleeks that watched the show from Pilot. However, I never really got into the fanfiction...until this Summer. After that atrocity of a season 3 finale (in my opinion), I decided to battle my depression over the ending by reading some fanfiction. As I read, I got to thinking...what about Kurt? What was his POV in all this? And how about Blaine? It felt to me like the story wasn't complete.

Enter Cruel Summer. I had a FB friend that I was bouncing ideas and theories off of. A couple weeks after the finale I decided I was going to write my very first fic, and my first non-academic piece in a very long time. It was only supposed to be a five chapter one shot to show Kurt's story after the letter opening. Well, as you can see, it turned into a novel length story, with multiple books planned.
Full disclosure here: I'm a Klainer, maybe less than I used to be cause of this mess of a season, but I'm still a Klainer. So this series (which is called the Seasons of Love 'Verse, Btw) is going to be Klaine centric. However, after the breakup, I'm feeling a bit bitter towards this ship. I'm more ticked that I've becomes emotionally attached to the characters, but that's neither here nor there. So this series is on hiatus until I have better Klaine feels. It's hard to write about a couple that are going through so many issues.

However, I have some other plans. I'm in the process of working on an Ebook for Cruel Summer, planning a new sci-fi story that features Klaine but not in the traditional sense, and ruminating a crossover. I have also discovered I actually have a passion and a bit of talent for the craft, so I definitely plan on writing a lot more.

Anyhow, I know a lot of you have been with me since the beginning, but I wanted to tell you a bit of myself. Stick with me and I promise I won't disappoint you. Hope you stick with me in my solo journey. I'm like the Paul McCartney when he left the Beatles... except for less epic.

No comments:

Post a Comment